Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Nothing in particular to say...

Greetings, no one. How've you been? I have been quite busy of late. Work, while I enjoy it immensely, has been very demanding the past couple of weeks. Lots of 10 and 11 hour days, running around, etc.

We started a big new program this week, and we're serving free lunch to any kids (under age 18) who show up. It's a USDA-funded program to provide nutritious meals during the summer, when some kids don't necessarily get a decent meal during the day. Each of the last three days we've served over 130 meals, which I think is outstanding. In addition to providing meals, we also do some programming. Usually just a simple, 45 minute organized activity to give the kids something to do for a little while, and hopefully get them out and active. It's a wonderful program, and will benefit kids immensely. There sure are a lot of details to take care of, though. Hence my recent long days of work.

On a completely unrelated note, I was disappointed today to find out that Charlie's and my upcoming show this Saturday night had to be cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. It seems the venue was double-booked, so we were left out in the cold. Ah, well. That sort of thing has happened to us a few times now. It's not the best feeling when we're told, "Yeah, you were on the schedule, but someone else wanted to play that day, so what could we do?" Granted, one of the other times it happened we were bumped for a pretty big name act, so I really couldn't blame the venue. This time, though, not so much. Some band I've never heard of. To be fair, they've likely never heard of Central Standard Time (our band, I mean, not the time zone).

And so it goes with CST. One day we might feel poised to take the music world (or at least the local market) by storm, the next we might feel ready to put away the guitars and sound equipment and call it quits for CST. I don't think we'll do that anytime soon. We do so enjoy performing and playing together, and it's really a pretty easy hobby to keep up, so I guess there's no real reason for us to quit. I certainly don't want to quit. I hope Charlie doesn't want to quit. I hope there are a least a few people out there who would be disappointed if we ever quit.

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to play a little Schweibert and be cool for a while. Until next time,

Matt

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

Nope, I'm not interested in quitting, either. Especially as undemanding, timewise, as CST is. Sure would be cool if we were successfuller, though.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I'm glad you don't want to quit. Yea, for not quitting!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home