Monday, July 18, 2005

I'm allowed to change my mind, aren't I?

Over this past weekend, I thought more about my recent decision to post a daily Bible passage on my blog. My initial thought was that I'd be doing a service to those who read my blog (few as they may be), sharing the Good News with the world, etc., etc. I still believe that those are worthwhile endeavors. However, I've decided that this is not necessarily the right place to pursue them. So, after posting only two such daily passages, I've decided to discontinue the practice.

After only the second one, I realized just how long my blog would become in a very short time. I think that it would quickly have become so long and full of daily Bible passages that some of my small group of readers might stop reading. That certainly is not the goal I had in mind. So instead of placing those daily passages on my blog, I would instead like to encourage you to visit the web site of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (www.elca.org) and find their daily Bible passage page. You can either just read it there each day, or you can sign up for their listserv, and they'll email you each day's passage. Then you can read it, ponder on it all you want, post it on your own blog if you feel so inclined, or post it as a comment on my blog. The important thing is that you would still be getting that daily dose of Scripture.

So that's that. Maybe occasionally I'll post a passage and share my thoughts about it. Maybe not. Have a nice day!

Matt

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

I still like the idea of a blog-type forum for discussing Scripture passages, though. Maybe you could start a new blog and even make three or four us administrators so the daily chore of posting a passage wasn't on one person.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I think you have a great idea. You could call it Bible Blog, or something else. I can see where running such a Blog could easily become a chore. Generating discussion on Bible passages daily would require a level of committment that a part-timer may not have.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Hmm... The idea of multiple administrators is a good one, I think. Interesting.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home