Thursday, May 04, 2006

...a banana

It's hard to believe that my little girl is six months old. Yesterday, actually, was her six month birthday. Today she is 26 weeks old. So, half a year old either yesterday or today, depending on how you look at it.

She's such a joy. I can't really describe it... She has just brought so much happiness into our lives. When I come home and see her and see her smile when she sees me, it's just an incredible feeling.

She's an extremely happy girl; she rarely cries at all, and when she does, it's normally for only a brief time. She's been going to day care twice a week since the beginning of February, and the day care staff have really only heard her cry once.

She's also getting big. We took her to the doctor yesterday for her six month visit, and she weighed about 15.5 pounds and was about 27 inches long. That puts her at the 90th percentile for height and about the 45th for weight. She's working hard on forward motion, and is starting to make a little progress. When she gets on her tummy she can spin herself around different directions pretty quickly.

Well, I just thought I'd share a little update. Goodbye!

Matt

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

She sounds like she is doing really well and is growing just like she is supposed to. I know what you mean about it being a joy to see your child. When they smile, it is just the greatest thing.

Soon she will be getting into everything in the house! I hope to see her, and you guys, again soon. I think that Charles would like to see you too.

So happy for your beautiful family!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Nah; I try not to be the stereotypical loser single friend who gloms onto another family to make up for not having one of his own (much though I'd sometimes like to). I saw the Hibbards fairly recently. And can certainly corroborate Matt's claim that Infant Daughter is adorable.

Thanks for thinking of me though, Carrie! You're sweet.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

It is fun to come home from work and see the baby. Like the other day when I came home from work and I was met at the door by my wife and a crying baby. I was promptly handed the baby and my wife walked away. Then the baby stopped crying. I don't think either one of us earned a lot of points with mom for that one.

My son weighs almost as much as your daughter and he's about four inches shorter. I think that speaks to the differences between the Hibbard and DeVries genetic code. You will have a tall thin daughter and my son will be a "fatty".

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home